Quality Control / Clerk of the Works
On-Site Owner’s Representation to Ensure You Get What You Are Paying For
The most dependable way to be assured of getting what you pay for during construction is to have a clerk-of-the-works (owners’ field representative) present during all construction activities. This service conforms to duties, responsibilities and limitations set forth in AIA Document B352, architect’s field representative.
CM-F Inc., will provide the degree of on-site supervision that is required to ensure quality control and conformance to plans and specifications. Cost savings realized from avoiding problems often are substantial. By placing a clerk on your project you have “owners’ assurance.” Your CM-F Inc., representative will:
- Maintain records at the construction site in an orderly manner as directed to by the owner
- Maintain a log of daily activities including daily progress, weather conditions, visitors, inspectors, sub-contractors on site, nature and location of work performed
- Verify conformance to contract documents
- Witness testing of materials and systems
- Coordinate training and distribution of O&M manuals
- Review invoices, change orders and schedule
- Provide regular reports to the owner’s team to focus on resolving issues
- Keep the owner abreast of project issues so that informed decision can be made
CM-F Inc., Clerks of the Works are not only inspectors but also trained and experienced superintendents. This means that they can advise the contractor about certain aspects of the work, particularly if something has gone wrong. Our extensive knowledge of construction means and methods throughout architectural vernaculars allow us to assist you on projects ranging from small tenant/home improvements to multi million dollar estates to casino projects.
Ready to Learn More?
If you'd like to learn more about working with CM&F, the first step is to get a free consultation about your project. It's a no-obligation conversation about how we can or can't help your project.